- Sort by Name
Sale!Herb K. received the gift of freedom from alcohol February 21, 2984. In 1988, as the results of completing the Twelve Steps ‘precisely’ in the book Alcoholic Anonymous, he experienced the Spiritual Awakening. His journey includes seven years in seminary, a graduate education in psychology, and, in 1990, completion of a three-year program for Certification as a Spiritual Director. He has written three books on the spiritual journey. These 10 DVDs cover the Twelve Steps with precise application of them to benefit your life. Led by Herb K., each DVD focuses on a specific Step or Steps, and the process or practice of using them for a variety of benefits. 10 DVDs Running Time: Each DVD varies - see details on each DVD below. © 2019 The Institute for Optimal Recovery and Emotional Sobriety Allen Berger, Ph.D. and Herb K.
Steps Two and Three an Experience of Choice | Power (44 minutes) Being Led Through a Process of Making Decisions
- About Power – Step Two: our own concept of a Power other than ourselves.
- For a relationship with Power – Step Three: our personal alignment with this Power in us.
Steps Five, Six and Seven Removing Our Obstacles to Power | Rite of Passage (39 minutes) Process of Accepting Responsibility
- Revealing all of our Step Four to someone
- Identifying and removing the obstacles in us to our relationship with Power
Steps Eight and Nine Repairing the Damage | Forgiveness (42 minutes) Process of Releasing & Being Released
- Making a list of harms we have done to others
- Repairing the damage we have caused others
- Forgiveness: a process of releasing them and being released
Step One An Experience of No Choice | Powerless (43 minutes) A Process of Conceding Defeat and Surrender
- A process for having an experience of powerlessness with our addiction – both in our body (allergy) and our mind (obsession).
- A process of understanding and experiencing “unmanageability” as the spiritual malady – our will is deficient; we are inherently self-centered.
- A process not an event.
Step Four Moral Inventory | Resentments (47 minutes) Identification of the Obstacles in Us to Power
- Overview of the entire process; use of the model of survival instincts – fight, flight, freeze.
- Precise instructions for Resentment analysis: Identifying “beliefs;” our “shoulds.”
- Prayer for removal of deep resentments.
- Taking 100% responsibility for our feelings and our behavior.
Step Four Moral Inventory | Fear Sex Dishonesty (36 minutes) Identifying More Obstacles to Power
- Fear: why do we have it?
- Sex: what are our operating guidelines?
- Dishonesty: how do I misrepresent myself?
- Secrets: how do I hide?
Orientation to This Twelve Step Workshop | Spirituality (44 minutes) Applying Each of the Twelve Steps to Our Personal Lives
- Each DVD describes an approach to personal application of each Step: using the precise methodology contained in the Alcoholics Anonymous “Big Book” and experiencing measurable results.
- Use of Set Aside prayer: pursuit of a new consciousness; having an open mind and heart.
- Beginning a Meditation practice: how to approach powerlessness through a practice.
- Understanding the Goal: a Spiritual Awakening
We have never before experienced the stress of 2020. This special package is full of tools to help you grow in and maintain your recovery. Emotional Sobriety 2-DVD Set ($150) Emotional Sobriety 7-CD Set ($49.95) 12 Smart Things to Do When the Booze and Drugs Are Gone ($15.95) 12 Hidden Rewards of Making Amends ($15.95) Emotional Sobriety Pin ($15) $245 Value $160 BUNDLE