Orientation to This Twelve Step Workshop | Spirituality (44 minutes)
Applying Each of the Twelve Steps to Our Personal Lives
- Each DVD describes an approach to personal application of each Step: using the precise methodology contained in the Alcoholics Anonymous “Big Book” and experiencing measurable results.
- Use of Set Aside prayer: pursuit of a new consciousness; having an open mind and heart.
- Beginning a Meditation practice: how to approach powerlessness through a practice.
- Understanding the Goal: a Spiritual Awakening
Step One An Experience of No Choice | Powerless (43 minutes)
A Process of Conceding Defeat and Surrender
- A process for having an experience of powerlessness with our addiction – both in our body (allergy) and our mind (obsession).
- A process of understanding and experiencing “unmanageability” as the spiritual malady – our will is deficient; we are inherently self-centered.
- A process not an event.
Steps Two and Three an Experience of Choice | Power (44 minutes)
Being Led Through a Process of Making Decisions
- About Power – Step Two: our own concept of a Power other than ourselves.
- For a relationship with Power – Step Three: our personal alignment with this Power in us.
Step Four Moral Inventory | Resentments (47 minutes)
Identification of the Obstacles in Us to Power
- Overview of the entire process; use of the model of survival instincts – fight, flight, freeze.
- Precise instructions for Resentment analysis: Identifying “beliefs;” our “shoulds.”
- Prayer for removal of deep resentments.
- Taking 100% responsibility for our feelings and our behavior.
Step Four Moral Inventory | Fear Sex Dishonesty (36 minutes)
Identifying More Obstacles to Power
- Fear: why do we have it?
- Sex: what are our operating guidelines?
- Dishonesty: how do I misrepresent myself?
- Secrets: how do I hide?
Steps Five, Six and Seven Removing Our Obstacles to Power | Rite of Passage (39 minutes)
Process of Accepting Responsibility
- Revealing all of our Step Four to someone
- Identifying and removing the obstacles in us to our relationship with Power
Steps Eight and Nine Repairing the Damage | Forgiveness (42 minutes)
Process of Releasing & Being Released
- Making a list of harms we have done to others
- Repairing the damage we have caused others
- Forgiveness: a process of releasing them and being released
Step Ten – Achieving and Fostering Emotional Sobriety | Conscience (38 minutes)
Practice of Personal Inventory
- Spot check inventory – the formula for serenity
- Emotional Sobriety – the approach and benefits of self-regulation
Step Eleven – A Practical Approach to Improving Conscious Contact | Consciousness (59 minutes)
Practice of Meditation
- Intentional Consciousness
Step Twelve – A Practical Approach to Enlarging Our Spiritual Life | Compassion (45 minutes)
Practice of Principles
- Spiritual Awakening
- Carrying this message
- Sponsorship / Step-Guide
- Practicing principles
- Program of recovery
- Promises of change